Home Forums DAWN STAR – OPEN HOLONET Warm Welcome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hey Team,
    This is “R3” (Aurthree), I just wanted to officially express my appreciation to the “ranking”
    officers, who have not only been more than helpful… but have also made sure I didn’t feel like an outsider.
    I’ve only been playing SWTOR about a week, and I’ve already had a “blast” getting my first taste of group content.This being my first character… my build has essentially been put together at “random”, my abilities have filled the quick bars in the order received, and naturally my gear is mediocre, but I will get everything pulled
    together as I approach “end game”. I “thank you” for your patience. As people have been quick to assist me with
    my class quests,… I am more than happy to return the favor. Anyone leveling an “Alt”, or if you’re one of the many new members that joined recently as I did… don’t hesitate to ask.

As some of you have already become aware… I do my part to keep the mood light, because even the most serious
    of issues are handled best, if you approach them with a smile on your face. It may not last, but it makes for a good start, js. If I ever say anything that “you” find offensive, please PM me before getting upset. Chances
    are, it’s a misunderstanding. They say “there is no tone in text”, but I beg to differ… “word choice”
    creates all kinds of fluctuations, and perspectives vary. < *** Official Disclaimer *** < ^_~

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya,
    First of all, welcome aboard 🙂
    Is nice to see you in here too, on the forum.
    As for the group content we’ve explored together, I could not say that you’re that new around SW:TOR … you did it well 🙂
    Here are some links, to some posts I’ve wrote some time ago, that might help you with leveling and gearing up: Leveling tips
    and Gearing up.
    The posts refers to teh old item rating based on levels, not the new rating system, I’ll probably have to re-write them, as the new expansion is coming up.
    If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
    I, especially, appreciate a good smile 🙂 …. after all this is a game and we have to have fun 🙂
    Looking forward to see you in game,
    Kara (aka Amy’doll)

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Welcome again R3 & Thanks for the chat yesterday.

I created a GA RaidCall group as well based on our previous Vent and TS3 servers.

For those that want to chat, Channel Id: 9967124

Program Download: http://www.raidcall.com/download.html

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Now isn’t the best time to be researching “specs”, “builds”, and/or “rotations”. Mainly because of the new Xpac
    coming out soon. One of my favorite things to do used to be creating posts… “Gearing Up for Newbs”. I would
    write them as I was leveling, as soon as I was sure my information was accurate, and I knew the details well
    enough to explain them to others. Problem here is… at level 8, I acquired a mentor, who has a handful of 55’s
    bought my speeder and training, makes the mods for my gear, and runs me through my class quests. And with the
    12x XP, the leveling is insane. So, needless to say, the information I’m taking in, is overwhelming… and
    naturally I’m going to miss a lot of information. But I may start a new character after the Xpac, then doing
    a post on gearing up would reflect the changes. Unless we already have one, and it ends up being a simple update
    is all that’s needed.

Running with you guys was real comfortable. I’m glad I didn’t embarrass myself, but I definitely have room for
    improvement, and I’ll get there. Just FYI… “Kara” is the character name of one of my closest friends. It’s
    actually “Karalia”, but you would know her as “Kattria” in our guild. =)

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya,
    It would be really great if you could update the info we’ve collected about the gearing up and leveling, with the new info about the XPak. Were you able to open the info I included as links in my previous reply? If not, send me a mail (my email address is iskara07@gmail.com) and I’ll give you the original source of those posts (in *docx format), so it would be easier for you to update it.
    As for Kara, that comes fro my original toon name I used to have in STO, that is Iskara@Ishakar, combined with one of my favorite characters I use as background in SL, which is Cara, the Mord Sith, from the tv show “Legend of the Seeker”.
    The current name I use for online fun/gaming environment being Kara Atreides (the reference is obvious), especialy as most of my toons in SW:TOR have some Dune reference. Also, the RP backstory I started to develop in SW:TOR for my toons is somehow related with the old Bene Geserit Order ….. Amydoll name that I also use from time to time (or Amy for short) comes from an old and deleted toon I used to have in SL. She used to be a vampire, co-leader and princess of a pretty large vampire clan (Na Fola Croi – The heart blood, in irish) and when I came up with this name I had in mind Amidala, but as it was taken, I tweeked a bit around and resulted Amydoll …
    All the best,
    Kara

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Hey R3,

On the topic of specs builds and rotations you can most definitely look up specs and rotations as they won’t be changing much in 3.0 as they will mostly be staying the same for the proper way they are used at the moment, which is to say you go up one specific tree and don’t “hybrid”. Now the build will be changing a bit with the introduction of utility points which will affect certain situations for example sins/shadows getting the option of adding a root to thier knockback. Gearing though will change a bit with they way they are adjusting stat distrubution specificlly with accuracy and
    alacrity, but that’s mainly an elder game focus. Anyway if you need help on anything, gearing or otherwise feel free to ask on here or if you see me in game although, Dragon Age: Inquisitions got its hooks into me deep at the moment

May the Force be with you
    Zez/Ammetri

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

A lil’ background… “R3” is my stamp because my first and last name both start with “R”, and both my father and
    his father share the same name. Now back in the day, we played a lot of “Ghost Recon”, mainly via Lan, and my
    friends were always shooting me… “friendly fire”! Because “R3” over my head wasn’t bold enough. That combined
    with the fact that games often have a minimum # of letters in your name, that exceeds (2) or they don’t
    allow “#’s”, so I stretched it into “Aurthree”… and this may be difficult to believe, but it’s never taken. =D

I thought about it, and most of our members seem to actually be “veteran” players, and they give starting
    characters (2) sets of “modable” gear, which is pretty much self explanatory. And the vendors having what you
    need at the beginning of each new area… a “Gearing up for Newbs” post doesn’t seem as useful as I was
    originally thinking.

“Zez”… I just noticed that you are also “Amm”, whom I definitely already recognize as a source of info in
    game. Enjoy “Dragon Age”, and I’m sure we’ll be chatting when you’re around. =)

On a side note… “Promotions”, no not for myself, I was just curious if there was a policy for meeting certain
    criteria, or specific qualities that you look for? I’ve been in guilds that had distinct guidelines…
    (X) number of hours played each week, participate in (X) number of guild group runs, complete “this” run-
    “that” run- etc. and I’ve also been in real casual guilds, where people were basically just randomly promoted
    whenever for whatever. Both work just fine. The having “guidelines” doesn’t sound real “warm and friendly”,
    I know… but what it does do, is eliminate the possibility of hurting someones feelings. Now I recognize that
    I probably sound like I’m getting too deep, and I’m being overly concerned… I promise you, I’m not. I’m just
    searching for the information that I need to blend right in…

Understanding people and recognizing the “not so obvious” things that motivate their emotions, is a hobby
    of mine. Example… what comes to mind when you hear or read the words, “It’s only a game”? We’ve all heard
    someone say this, and more than likely have said it ourselves… so give me your opinion on this in 5-10 pages
    and have it on my desk before “Thanksgiving” … lol I’m such a nerd!

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya,
    About promotion:to clear this subject, as in our case it might be a bit different then in other guilds …
    The Rank structure is basically explained here: IJO – rank structure & basic rules with the observation that in the mean time, the 7 and 8 ranks were united in “Junior Member” rank.
    The way promotions works are like this: Every rank above “Junior Member” have promotion rights, so that it can and is encouraged to grant promotions to those that they feel they deserve. The criteria being, how they blend in, their interest in group activity, their involvement and presence in the guild chat, guild activities and on the forum. Also, as everyone have invite rights, that the one that did the invite is expected to watch over the one they invited and, at least give them the first promotion. Also, another thing to mention, please when you invite put a note either in officer note or in member note with who invited them in the guild and when.
    As a single general rule is that the first promotion to not be given before at least a weekend would pass since they joined.
    The rest is pretty much explained in the post i’ve quoted above.
    And since you asked about it, you must know that about half hour before you posted this, you were promoted to “General” 🙂 Congratulations!
    As for sending you a 5-10 pages about that, well …. don’t tempt me 🙂 You might actually receive that 🙂 Ask Plasma, he can tell you more about my long posts 🙂
    It is a real pleasure for me to see how wonderful people recently joined us 🙂 If you have any questions and concerns please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
    Oh, and another thing I just remembered … someone also asked about how the guild bank should be used … well … the rights are set, if you have the right to use something and you need it, then use it 🙂
    All the best,
    Kara (Amy)

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Well then “Amy’doll” (the name I relate to), sounds like you too are familiar with terms like “verbose” and
    “Wall-o-text”. Some people gave me a hard time about it, but others expressed that they enjoyed my posts, so
    I didn’t change a thing. Eventually, one of the moderators put a cap on the number of letters I could use. Then
    I just made multiple posts on the same topic. =D No, actually I did cut down the size by sticking just to the
    pertinent information, making my posts rather bland, but apparently it was necessary…

“Thank you” for the promotion! =) Interesting the topic came to mind, not knowing I had received one. The way
    you explained it makes perfect sense, and is the way most of the guilds I’m familiar with handle it. What I
    look for in a player, is essentially what you mentioned… guild chat activity, group participation, character
    progression, and a willingness to help others. Which also means, that’s the player I try to be. I’ve seen a
    number of players be very helpful when they are new, that hit end game and forget all about the “fresh meat”,
    that could really use their help. This is something that impressed me right away with this guild… Top
    members who are so beyond “newb” status, had absolutely “no” problem answering questions, and grouping with
    someone new to game and showing them the ropes. When that’s “just the way you are”… you don’t recognize this
    quality in yourself. It seems “normal” to you, like everyone is like that, and they should be… but take it
    from someone who has been the new face in a number of guilds, to “truly” be accepted can be a lot of work.

I won’t bore anyone with my opinion of the phrase… “it’s only a game”, other than to say, I’ve seen some
    heated discussions that started with that little statement. And that “answers may vary”. ^_~

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I’m really enjoying this game… and the better you become at something, the more enjoyable it is. In my younger
    days, I was a national competitor, and I found the best way to advance, is to stay close to those superior to
    yourself. I spent a couple hours last night, letting “Zez” and “Bowman” drag me through content. Was all brand
    new area to me, so I was feeling a little lost a large portion of the time… but it was a “BLAST!” =D Plus I
    was able to significantly upgrade about half my gear. So I just wanted to give a “Special Thanks” to Zez and
    Bowman, who both had the patience to stick it out while I was learning, and once again made me feel at home…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.