Home Forums Star Trek Online (STO) General Discussion & FAQ Second testing for forum posting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I just found another way to post and I am testing it now …. please ignore my fable tries 🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Woo, Test away Kara. It’s a new toy for all of us to learn. I think I have it pretty close to the old forums now, Avatars, file attachments, Signatures.

It’s not 100% the same, but I’ll keep working on it 🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Hello all testing out new forums CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Loud and clear!
    🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Woo, Ill get all the Avatars and Sigs over soon as well. Welcome.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya,
    Question: I found that you can find the latest posts by using the top menu “Forum” and then by selecting “Latest posts”. The question is: how do you order those latest posts in their freshness order?
    All the best,
    Kara

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Good question Kara, I noticed that too. I’m sure there is a setting somewhere, I will fix that asap.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Ok I just went through all the info for the forums I’m using and there is no function for reply-freshness as yet, only for posts. When and IF this becomes an option I will certainly activate it.

Having said this, I notice that the RSS feed for the forum is ordered by reply order this should do what you want so please use this for now until it becomes a proper function of the forum. I have added the 2 RSS feeds on the menu for convenience until all the other sections are added.

Also signatures are now using HTML not BB code on this forum so I hope you don’t mind Kara I remade your Sig in html. Please modify it to your liking.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Thanks alot for the info, but 🙂 this raises another question: how can I use the RSS feed? when I open it in Chrome, it displays in XML format, not in something intelligible….

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Ok Kara I just did a search on that problem and apparently its a known bug for Chrome 🙁

I am using Internet Explorer and have also just tested in Firefox and it works in both.

The solution I came across is that you install the RSS extension for Chrome which is at:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rss-subscription-extensio/nlbjncdgjeocebhnmkbbbdekmmmcbfjd

See if this works 🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Sweet! Is working! Thanks alot!

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Woo anytime.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Greetings all 🙂

This looks great Plas, thanks for setting it up!

I look forward to seeing you in game soon…

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Woo Welcome.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya!
    I’ve noticed lately that the site (forum) is loading very slowly (about 1 minute per page/click); any idea why?
    All the best,
    Kara

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.