Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

-Plasma’s Beta Testing Log

Hi all,
    I’ve just received my TOR Beta Testing download links and am busy installing the game client. The client looks like it’s about 16gb, but needs 21gb disk space so some of it must be compressed and the total will be at least 21gb.

[attachment=3:1eiijlq6]test2.jpg[/attachment:1eiijlq6]

[attachment=2:1eiijlq6]test1.jpg[/attachment:1eiijlq6]

[attachment=0:1eiijlq6]tor1.jpg[/attachment:1eiijlq6]

[attachment=1:1eiijlq6]tor2.jpg[/attachment:1eiijlq6]

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

*smiles* Enjoy!
    Lucky one!
    😀

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Finished downloading the game client 🙂 – now the wait for the Beta event starts. The download ended up being 18.5gb

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I just received to day the beta testing program invite myself 🙂
    I downloaded the game client (also around 18 gb) now the question is … when the testing event will start?

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Started testing today and the game looks very good. I’ll post some screenshits below and my impressions as I go. The screenshots function has been disabled in the beta, so i had to do the old print screen and past into photoshop. The resolution is a bit low because my PC was struggling a bit so I had to lower it.

1. Server Selection & Beta Toons

Obviously the game is still in Beta and the toons we create will be deleted before the launch. One thing I found interesting is that the game did give me my Pre-Order color stoneitem to use for the beta. This arrived via the game email system.

The server selection was a bit of a shock to me as the games I have played until now have fairly simple server options. There were alot of servers to choose from both in the US and EU.

One thing to keep in mind is that for those of us who want to be able to play together on the same server, the most safest way to achieve this is to join the ISE guild. When the game launches the Guild will be placed on a server and all of the members will all be placed on the same server as well. Please keep this in mind, as there is not an option to change servers once you initially choose (or are assigned) a server.

2. Character Creation

After playing Star Trek Online, I find the character creation options in TOR very limited. It is akin to DCUO, very simple options. The good news is that you will be able to play both Republic and Empire toons on the same account if the Beta is an accurate representation of what the final release will be.

[attachment=2:1nqc3f74]1.jpg[/attachment:1nqc3f74]

This screen allows you to choose your career in the chosen faction.

[attachment=1:1nqc3f74]2.jpg[/attachment:1nqc3f74]

This screen allows you to customize the look of your toon. I chose Jedi for this one.

[attachment=0:1nqc3f74]3.jpg[/attachment:1nqc3f74]

The game then goes on to display a video cutscene relating to your chosen faction and career.

More to come soon………

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘-Plasma’s Beta Testing Log’ is closed to new replies.