Home Forums Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) General Discussion & FAQ Official Australia/New Zealand Release

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I just found this on the SWTOR forums.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61243

We can confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012.

Right now we are targeting March 1st, but that could change as our number one priority is making sure that customers have a great service to play on.

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

And…http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=576302#edit576302

As said, we’ll be exploring options to allow players from Australia/NZ who are currently playing on US servers to continue to play on their own local servers when they’re set up.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

This is good of them to get the AUS/NZ servers online so soon after the US/EU launch. Also the option to transfer the product key and perhaps toons as well is a really good development.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Is there any update on the release to Asia Pacific, like server names and what not? Also, do you think you will transfer characters and guilds? I might give the game a try again when this happens.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I don’t think we’re going to transfer to the AU server Flash. I think Kara was saying she was going to transfer her toon from the EU server she is on to the US Hyperspace Cannon when the transfers are allowed.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya,
    From what i experimented so far, the game quality is not only about the connection latency, but also is about the server quality and, of course, is about your computer.
    For instance, i have greater lag on the european server (while having a 60-70 ms latency, light server load and only 9 peoples on the planet) that i have on the US server (at over 200 ms latency, standard server load and with about 60 peoples on planet). I guess that Bioware, as US is a bigger market, placed better servers for US and are more attentive to how those works.
    In this context, moving to a non-US server could be a mistake.
    If you have problems with the game-play, try one of the following:
    1. Upgrade your video board (this is actually the most important thing, as SWTOR is a very graphic intensive application)
    2. If the upgrade is not an option, lower your graphic settings as much as you can.
    3. Always run the game in full screen.
    And yes, i have a toon on the european server, which i barely wait to move on the US one where we all play. The moving will become available with the March major patch, see the post i did about it (http://www.guildalliance.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=113).
    Best regards,
    Kara

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Ok thanks for the update Kara. I didn’t have a problem with lag on Hyperspace Cannon so I’m happy to stay there. 🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

That is interesting news, Thanks for the update.

Would be great to have you play SW- TOR Flash, hope it works out that you can 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.