Home Forums Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) General Discussion & FAQ New Game Issue (For me at least)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi All,
    I realised after logging into (https://account.swtor.com/user/account) today that they have changed that page to prepare for the Dec 20 launch.

I also see that they have a field that requires a Product Key, obviously this comes with the physical or digital copy of the game pre-order. My problem is that I will probably not receive my physical copy of the game from Amazon until Jan 10 or so and as such will not be able to input this code at game launch on Dec 20.

What does this mean? Well for me at least it means that I should get access to the early access 1-7 days, however I will not be able to play from launch day until I receive my physical copy of the game and my code.

I realise that this affects me because i’m in Australia and the postage will take a couple of weeks or so, however it may be something to be aware of for those that have pre-ordered from the US and are in another country.

If anyone comes across any more information on this please post it 🙂 – I hope that there is not a time limit on inputing the game code as I’d hate to have started a toon in the Early Access period and have it deleted.

-Plas.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I had also pre-ordered from Amazon and I upgraded my postage to Priority International. They said it would arrive between 23rd – 29th Dec. I ended up cancelling my Amazon order and then ordering an EA Origin key from g2play.net. I’m not sure the risks of doing this but if it works out it will have saved me $30 and I will hopefully get the key for the 20th. Also, even though I have cancelled my Amazon order I still have my early access key registered. I saw on the forums that they weren’t going to rescind the early access keys for cancelled orders.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I ordered my game copy from amazon too, on November 15th. I just checked with amazon and they say that the physical game will be delivered between December 23, 2011 – December 28, 2011. And that’s for eastern europe. I doubt that it would take longer then for Australia. As for the selected shipping speed, there was only one available for me: Priority International Courier.
    What i hope is that amazon will send me a game key for playing the game, as the package i’ve ordered, the Standard Edition, also came with a digital download option.
    I guess i’ll only have to wait and see.
    Best regards,
    Kara

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I ordered the collectors edition and it is quite a large package, so my latest estimate for postage was Jan 10. I’ve ordered stuff from Amazon before and it has taken longer than their estimate. We’ll have to see.

If the normal edition had a digital download option, sure the collectors edition would as well, i’ll have to check on this.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Given that i had a bit of time, i wandered a bit in the digital orders market.
    I just canceled the amazon order for SW:TOR (to avoid risking delivery delays) and made a new order on http://gamecards.eu …. those gives you the game key on the launch date by email.
    I used this for the legendary access on DCU and worked just fine … only when you do the first order, they wanted to check me on phone to prove that i’m really the person i said i am.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

A quick link to the two day grace period info.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=301753#edit301753

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Did you get your CE at all yet?

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Not yet, the estimate is for late Dec early Jan.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Looks like after the latest update I’ll be locked out for a week or so. Londi should be coming into the game this weekend.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Everyone has access now, so closing this thread.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘New Game Issue (For me at least)’ is closed to new replies.