Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)

Greetings all.

It is with a profound sense of sadness that today we learned of the death of the great Leonard Nimoy.

Besides creating one of the most recognizable characters in motion picture history, he and his character Spock have become worldwide cultural icons. Whether you know Star Trek or not, you know or have heard of Mr. Spock. Growing up as Star Trek viewers, the crew of the NCC-1701 were our friends not just characters on a screen. We shared their adventures, fears and hopes.

To bring things to a more contemporary setting for the Guild Alliance, Leonard Nimoy was the first voice actor brought in for Star Trek Online. He began our adventures, bringing all of us fans into an interactive Star Trek World. Without the Original Series and Leonard Nimoy’s portrayal of the unemotional Vulcan the Guild Alliance would not be here in this form today.

The -I.D.I.C- fleet, the precursor to the Guild Alliance was founded on the principles of the Vulcan I.D.I.C ‘Infinite Diversity, In infinite combinations’. Our Star Wars guild’s ‘Infinite’ is a homage to these I.D.I.C ideals as well. Before the fleet starbases as a guild we chose Mt, Seleya on Vulcan to be our Fleet Embassy, all these things are a legacy in a way of Leonard Nimoy, Mr. Spock, and the Vulcan culture he helped create.

To conclude, today many Star Trek Online players from all over the world are gathering on Vulcan to pay their respects. I have travelled to Vulcan and to our Ceremonial Embassy as a tribute.

I leave you with the words of Dr. Leonard H. McCoy, the first time Spock died.

‘He’s really not dead, as long as we remember him’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFzkeCkCgU

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Ambassador T’par was good enough to join me at the memorial.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

After the server maintenance today they have added the new Nimoy memorials to Vulcan and New Romulas. They have also added memorials for other Star Trek actors who have passed away at all home bases.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Honoring Leonard Nimoy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.