Home Forums DAWN STAR – OPEN HOLONET IOS7 Security Key Failure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

IOS7 Security Key Failure

Just a heads up whomever is using an iphone/ipad to access their security key and has upgraded to ios7, the security key app will not function – make sure you can remove the key by having a valid email address for the SWTOR system to be able to send you confirmation emails or you will be unable to play. This of course will also help when ios7 app is fixed and you want to reuse the security key.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Oh thanks for the info …. I guess I just won’t update to IOS7 for the time being then ….
    Where do you found this info? For me to check when they fixed it ….

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I upgraded to ios7 and the swtor app stopped working on both my ipad and iphone. I was going to say keep checking the app store until they have an ios7 update for the app but I think deleting the app and re-installing works. I just did this and it started working. I removed the key yesterday so I could get access and because of that I had to sign up for a new key. I think if your key still works then you can just put in the 7 digit code and it should work.

I found this thread on the SWTOR Forums that discusses this. When you reinstall the app you need the 7 digit code which you can find in the Security Key section of My Account:

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=681552

Greetings CrystalCat,

Thanks for contacting us.
    We are aware of the crashing issues with upgraded devices, but most people found that reinstalling the app fixed the issue.
    If you haven’t already it maybe worth rebooting your phone and trying again.

Thanks for your patience.

I had the same problem. After deleting and re-installing the SWTOR SK app it request a 7 digit serial number. Where do I find this? I did not see this in the packaging of the physical copy I had purchased.

Thanks for the assistance.

If you go to your My Account page on the website and then into the Security Key section you should find it here.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.