Home Forums Star Trek Online (STO) General Discussion & FAQ FAQ Series: Earning Dilithium

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

FAQ Series: Earning Dilithium

I’ll open a new thread here for having a place to answer the “How to …. ” do things in STO.

And, given the new release of the Season 5 and the new dilithium base ecomony, i’ll start with the first article: “How to make dilithium”

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

So, as for getting most of the “cool” equipment in game (on the FED side this time) you need now dilithium. I’ll describe a few easy ways to make it:

1. “Investigate Officer Reports (daily)” mission (which means doing 3 foundry mission per day) will give you 1440 dilithium ore per day.

2. Doing an “Explore the B’Tran cluster (vice-admiral)” while having selected also the “Chart the B’Tran Cluster (vice-admiral)” and “Explore Strange and New Worlds” will give you 2X1440 dilithium, meaning a total of 2880 dilithium for B’Tran missions.

3. “Aiding the Deferi” will give you 1440 dilithium, ‘Emancipation” – 480 dilithium and “Rescue the deferi captive” – 480 dilithium so a total for the Deferi dailies of: 2400 dilithium.

4. Also if during the above missions you carefully set assignements for your DOffs you will get an aditional 500 dilithium in average.

To summarize: 1400+2880+2400+500 = 7180 dilithium per day

-Besides that you can also find random missions that would also complement you with dilithium perks.
      -Bottom line is that if you want the most expensive piece of equipment available (which costs 22.000 dilithium) you can have it by doing those missions for 3 days in a row 🙂

So, after all, is not that bad, isn’t it?

Hugs you all,
    Vice-Admiral Iskara
    Fleet Commander

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

This is an excellent guide. Thank you for posting.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Dilithium Gathering Tips:

“Turn over Contraband”, it takes 3 “Contraband” and gives you 2000 dilithium, for a lousy double click!
      “Dilithium Mining” useful for lower level players
      “Dailies / Special Events / Doff Assignments”
      “Dismissing Doffs” gives XP plus 75 dilithium
      “Daily Lore Mission” 480 dilithium for FED & KDF (academy mission)
      “Daily Foundry” 3 missions for 1440 (console missions expedite this)
      “Daily Cluster Exploration” – 1440 for 3 missions (fastest with 3 scans)
      “STFs” elites give 1100 for completion for 20 to 30 mins of play with loot possibilities
      “Fleet Actions” 1440 dilithium each
    -PLASMA
    Keymaster

Thanks for this information 🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

As a continuation and update of this topic here is an article I have re-posted on our forums from the official website

http://www.guildalliance.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=288

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.