Home Forums Star Trek Online (STO) General Discussion & FAQ Cryptic security warning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi all I received a warning email from cryptic today regarding unauthorized access to my account. I was just wondering if anyone else has received the same.

It looks like it could be a scam to get my password so be wary if you get one too. Check your STO website page first before emailing info or clicking into email links.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Heya,
    It is most certainly a scamming attempt. Personally, I didn’t received such an email.
    But scams like those are pretty common those days.
    Best wishes,
    Kara

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Hiya Kara,

I’ve since read on the STO forums that it is a account server issue. CatStar and Ingrid have been locked out of their accounts, we are waiting to see if cryptic rectifies it by tomorrow. Apparently alot of people have been affected.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I havent gotten anywhere with it yet. They keep insisting to go to the change password page, but it always leads me to the front page instead. Plus when I choose (forgot password) it tells me my email isnt in thier system. Everything requires my password to access, so im just outta luck here.

You are good people, im glad to have gotten to team with you. But it looks like im just out, CatStar was destroyed by a hacker.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

THREAD CLOSED: Issue Resolved or Old Topic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cryptic security warning’ is closed to new replies.