Home Forums CHAT: GENERAL CRAP CRAPPIDY CRAP – FORUM DATA LOSS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

CRAP CRAPPIDY CRAP

I have just realized I have done something really stupid…. When I moved the forums over a couple of months ago to the new webspace I forgot to update part of the forum script that points to the database server. Basically the forum while residing on the new webspace was still calling back to the old SQL database and putting all the database info there, lol 🙁 – What this means is that the old server has been erased today and that all our posts over the last couple of months have been deleted :(….. I’m sorry about this, thankfully it was only a couple of months 🙁

As a result our websites will also need re-installing and re-building 🙁 grrrr… -PPPPLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS

I’m so sorry guys. I’m doing some tests on the forums before I go any further so that we don’t lose any further data, it looks like its working so far..

If you posted a screenshot, back-story/fan fiction (noo my back story is gone and I didn’t make a copyyyy), GA business or anything else, please post again. lets get things back up to date 🙂

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Don’t hang your self yet!

If you need to recover any important posts, just tell me. I have all the posts that go through RSS stored, I’m too lazy to delete history. (No screenshots tho)

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I have a list of posts on our facebook page that I can go thru and pick out any essential topics to re-write however not the content.

What I think is essential is the last StarBase report would have been August 10th (I Think), if you have that one in your RSS archive please send me the whole thing to admin@guildalliance.org or post it and I can re-edit it 🙂 – Thanks Nei

Also I had posted part 2 of my IDIC prologue story, if you have this that would be great as I don’t think I backed this up 🙁

There was a new conversation on GA business that was pretty essential too, but unfortunately that is not part of the RSS feed..

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

-I.D.I.C- U.F.P. & K.D.F. Fleet Holdings Report 48-57 – Saturday the 10th of August 2013

ImageImageImage Image

Welcome to the Engineering construction updates.

The Report is Coming Soon

There are a few things to report for the last couple of month so bare with me while I compile the report over the next day or so. For those interested in the meantime I have posted the leaderboards and token tally’s for your viewing.

Thanks for being patient :)

-Plas.

Statistics: Posted by -Plasma — Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Edit: Just noticed its only first post you did, any editing doesn’t go through RSS. But those image links still work.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Oh well, thanks anyway, I’ll spend some time and reconstruct the report over the weekend 🙂 – Thanks very much for doing that, I appreciate it a lot 🙂

I’ve just gone thru and fixed up most of the forum sections and everything seems to be working right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.