Home Forums IDIC – JOINT FACTION COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK: OPEN CHANNEL **ANNOUNCEMENT** -I.D.I.C- Tactical Training

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

-I.D.I.C- Tactical Training

Greetings fleet, for those who have read the fleet mail or have just browsed this forum, I thank you for taking the time to keep up with our fleet.

I am looking for people who are not only active in our fleet, but are wanting to improve themselves ingame and become Elite! I will be starting up “HazardTeam” an idea that came from the game “Star Trek Elite Force” the best trained crew from Voyager, for difficult tactical missions. My goal here is to create a team similar to that, and train with them. We will learn each others tactics and grow to function as one powerful machine. When we have STF’s, PvP’s or other various tough missions, like the new Borg one coing soon…we will be ready!

Requirements to join:

Must be VA, must have XII weapons, Must be willing to communicate and teamup!!!

Keep in mind, im not going to pick just anybody because they might like to join casualy, this team is a privlage and I will treat it as such. Our team will get many benefits and surprizes for a job welldone. I will also let you in on secrets I have as well as tactics to exploiting the game and your apponent. Take note: I hav 2 Foundry missions we will be using to train wth, “Kobayashi Maru” and “Space Hulk” both designed for a tough training senario. We will be doing them once a week.

My team asside, Im still available for teaming with other members, im always too happy to help, but My Hazard team will always take priority, so if you feel you have what it takes, or want to become IDIC’s finest, see me.

One more thing, those who wish to join me…anyone, I will be doing Breen missions everyday for the Dilithium to help our fleet. If you wish to join me feel free to ask, its time we all began to get to know our fleet mates and come out of our shells, you might find someone you enjoy to team with!

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I really think this ‘Elite’ team is needed in IDIC. I know myself I am always looking for ways to improve and become more familiar with STF’S. Above all the teaming aspect has striked me the most. I would like to be apart of a team that is of a high standard and continues to enjoy themselves whilst improving together as one unit. 😎

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Ok I recived some feedback about this, I realise I was being vauge so Ill explain in more detail. First off let me say, I have noticed something a bit discouraging about this game lately, while the new ships and alien this and that are cool, they have really been loosing the Star trek theme. So Thats the purpose of the Hazard team uniforms for when we train, to bring back a bit of the star trek role play to our game and fleet, also I want to allow people who want to take part to have that choice, that way we get team mates who are already enthused about being apart of it. I will be RPing out the military type structure that Tuvok used for it, so I will inspect your gear and what weapons you will bring just before we start (that you have em..the right ones) …sometimes an event starts 30 minutes later then it was posted because everyone has forgotten something or has to “BRB” it becomes chaos quick! hopefully we can be ready all the time with practice or habbit. Now about the weapons and gear…

REQUIRMENTS: I recomend one power weapon and one rapid fire one, with a melee for borg fights in your inventory. But its up to you what you prefer to use, but All personal shields and armor, as well as your energy weapons must be XII…i will allow the exception for the”full” XI MACO set as its benefits makes up for lack of dps. Concerning your ship you must have XII weapons and a shield, what ones are your choice. PLus something else, you must have an accolade score of at least 5000, and a Fractal Remodulator (found in Deferi Borg Zone) this shows that your toon has been around the block and you are used to using it.

The purpose for this is you need the best to be the best, plus it shows you have put in the time to build yourself up…gamers who want to be elite and are willing to put in the time and effort to achieve it! We need to have that type to come together and form an awesome force, an elite force. The requirment for the uniform is to show a sence of team, no individuals, we all train together, look alike and share the same goals. The person next to you will trust you as you trust them, and with that comes teamwork and success.

REWARDS: I will be recuiting this week any who meet the requirments and wish to join us, this weekend we will begin training together to get used to one another and familiar with teaming. While introducing ourselves to a new system of combat and tactics. Those who make the cut (dont quit or willingly participate) will be given the title of “Hazard Team” they will place thatin thier “message slot” in the fleet roster to show they are the best. I will post your names on the forum for everyone to see. I will also award them with a mystery prize for your hard work and effort…there will be more to come, I will take care of and see to it you are rewarded WELL for your service to the fleet, as you will be representing us in pvp’s and assorted crossfleet events in the future.

If u have any questions, comments or concerns please bring them up…so I know what to address. Im hoping this will help bring about more participation of those who have alot of skill, or want to improve themselves, but maybe too unsure to ask. Heres the door, it is open to all members.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I really love this idea, but I’m concerned about one thing. The time. As you know we all are from different time zones. When are you planning to do trainings and STFs? I think the only viable day is saturday as it is most probably free day for everyone (no school/work) and people just need to wake up early or stay late.

Anyway…

Science Officer reporting in.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Thanks Neithy for your comment 🙂

I believe this time zone issue has always been a challenge and in any game it will continue to be. In my experience IDIC has tried to accommodate members from different countries and it is noted that we do play in the GMT+10 zone. It is important to discuss appropriate times for when people can play and to assure the members who join the fleet and/or the hazard team can participate. I believe at the same time we will work around it and as a team work together to overcome such challenges that are presented.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Our general meet time, in game is 3am my time (central US) I will post it in the events section for every saturday. Im going to do what I can to see that u guys get what you need to succeed. When the time set for the training comes we will meet at WOlf 359, parking our ships, then transwarp to our fleets Star Base for inspection and briefings. Prepairr for this, make sure your transwarp wont havee a cooldown.

TAKE NOTE: Its for 2 hours earlier then the event posted says! The event calendar is still not working right.

Here are also the plans of what each member should expect in order of operation, (1) bookmark the board index of this forum so u can jump right to it and look at (active postes) check once per day incase something for our group or fleet is scheduled, like the marines we must go that one step extra then the normal troops. and lead by example…im not training foot soldiers, im train u to become generals! (2) Once we transwarp to the starbase, we do the 5 Point inspection, that will be posted next…then i will explain our mission and strategies for it, all input will be welcome, this is a team after all, and it functions when we share our minds and talents to acheve the same goals. (3) Training missions, we will all meet at the assigned places, usually starting with “Space Hulk” and some pvp training. (4) the debrifing, after we finish, we will meet onboard my ship to discuss what we did right and wrong, and any ideas you have to improve.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Points and Merit system:

Ok, as I promised, there will be rewards for going that extra mile for the fleet to be “fleets finest” I have added a point system where you can earn points each week from passing inspection (random rewards for perfect 5) plus i will reward you for coming up with good strategies and tactics, learnng to work as a team and showing you can think on your feet while in combat….this will be explained in the briefing saturday. I like to surprise you, so you never know what you will get, or what things i may plan to celebrate. We will have fun too. I will also be looking for a 2nd in command, my Squad leader. He/she will lead a second squad for wargames, once promoted to this rank, other members will take orders from him/her too.

(5 Point Inspection)

(1) Present for Inspection at the designated time and place.
    (2) Wearing the proper Uniform/Rank/Fleet Patch.
    (3 required ground set shield/armor/energy weapon and a melee in inventory.
    (4) required Auxillary gear – 60 large hypos/buff tribble or gamblig device/fractial Remodulator/space suit in inventory
    (5) XII ship shield and weapons

Those who pass will have an improved chance of being promoted to squad leader. The of this is, we are always ready and have the best gearr to face any challenge in a moments notice. trianing ourselves to be ELITE!

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I guess the Hazard team idea didnt go over very well, no one showed up, but none the less, I am willing to teach who is ever interested in learning to improve themselves in combat. Just message me when you would like to train.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

My internet was disconnected and I havn’t been able to get on to check the forums or STO etc until now. If convenient I will be on tomorrow my evening if training is still on. Apologies!

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Time conflicts will arise from time to time, we have to just keep trying as always. Fortunately every little piece of knowledge helps and the times that we do get to train will add to the goal of the Tac department.

On a personal note I had my god-daughter visiting at that time, I think I mentioned it last night. Things like that have to take priority for me as I don’t get to see her as often as I’d like.

On a related but separate issue, as Fleet Admiral I see the main goal of the Tactical Department overall to be;

a) To share information on weapon/console builds and match them to specific ship configurations.
      b) To share information on ground weapons and kit tactics for the three careers.
      c) To share information on skill point distribution with focus on PvP effectiveness.
      d) To develop strategies on specific STF’s/Fleet Actions and share the most effective and efficient plans

We’ve been trying to start this work for several months, however have been side-tracked with other issues. I think in addition to the Hazard Team (personal training) we need some fundamental documents written with the points I’ve indicated above that all members can study in their own time. As we have seen with James’ initiatives early on people can be reluctant either because of time-zone or because they want to keep their builds secret to come to the party so to speak. We have to overcome this and share our information. We have to be prepared to risk the student becoming better than the master. ‘Risk is our business’ as Kirk said.

Hazard Forum

I’ve created a private forum for the Hazard OPS here so that the members of that team can post in private http://www.guildalliance.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=123

Only people that the Tac officer allows in there will be able to view it as well as Fleet leaders.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I guess i was trying to be creative and have a bit of fun with making a Hazard team, but as things never seem to go as planned, Hazard team training will be poseponed, due to a lack of a Hazard team. If you want help learning or would like to train with someone, feel free to ask me.

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Thanks for your effort CatStar, so many initiatives have not gone as planned. We will hit on something that works eventually I know it.

Like you I am trying to persevere, but as you know its tuff. Just know that I SEE and APPRECIATE your effort

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

That is such a shame, im not sure why our fleet doesn’t support one another anymore. This fleet when I joined was always doing something together, always talking and jokeing, I loved being apart of that. Everyone has become like a bunch of moldy oldies, this isn’t a retirement home its our fleet, time to wake up and start having fun together again, geez! I was on today, and was totally ignored!! Thats unacceptable! If you where happy and active before, you can still be, you just have to wake up and get of your duff, there are people who are willing to join you, like me 🙂

So listen up slackers…Luna is calling you out! Start reading the forum, there is no reason not to if you are in this fleet! Team up when your fellow members need you! Contribute to the StarBase if you can spare it, so you can get those cool new weapons! But most of all, do it because other people here have done it for you, a weak link can break the chain. Dont be a weak link, be cool, beautiful and happy like me. 😎

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

Amen to that!!

Totally agree with you Luna. Thanks for your contributions, It does get people down and very frustrated when we have many of our active & regular people willing and keen to get involved in this fleet. I always enjoy teaming and having fun when I play the game. Sadly it doesn’t happen as much these days. I am keen to help people etc. I just hope we can awaken the others here, I’m certainly in for that!

-PLASMA
    Keymaster

I would like to see if I have what it takes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.